We are looking for people who are enthusiastic, organised, energetic, and who love WordPress.
Volunteers will be on the ground, meeting attendees, helping out with speakers and helping to make sure that our WordCamp is just how we want a fine and welcoming WordCamp to be.
As a treasured volunteer at WordCamp Manila, you will be able to:
- Get an inside look at the planning stages of the event
- Be an essential part of the event on the day
- Have the opportunity to meet interesting WordPress people
- Be on the ground, meeting WordCamp attendees from all over the world
- Receive kudos for your time, attention and efforts
- Have a chance in being a part of the next WordCamp & being an organizer of the WordPress User Group Philippines
- Free entry to the event, exclusive volunteer T-shirt, and entry to the afterparty
- Not to mention invaluable experience running a conference alongside fellow volunteers, organisers, speakers and sponsors
What Do We Need Help With?
We need people to help out beforehand and on the weekend. We’ll try and give you a task that suits you and we’ll make sure everybody can actually enjoy the WordCamp as well: you won’t be parked at the door all day. Tasks that you may find yourself doing include:
- Processing registration
- Keep an eye on the entrance
- Putting together swag bags
- Helping out at lunch time
- Helping speakers
- Running around with microphones during Q&A sessions
- Moving people around
- General administration
What Should I Expect?
Volunteers are expected to arrive in the early morning: 7AM on the Saturday, 10th of Dec, 2016. If you wanna help out on friday or the days before, let us know in the application.
We are unable to cover expenses for volunteers, which means that if you want to get involved, you will need to cover the costs of travelling to and staying in Manila.
Great! How do I sign up?
Fill in the form below and we’ll keep you posted.
In mean the time, don’t buy your ticket yet. If you’re selected as a WordCamp volunteer, you get one free ticket. We also make sure that if you’re not selected, we foresee enough spare tickets that you can buy. You will also be first on our list, for our next WordCamp’s prospective organizer or volunteers.